The Resiliency Tournament
This video is offered free to our guests :) Enjoy!
In this video, students will learn about resiliency through materials (like rubber bands) and then create a tournament of people and characters who have displayed resiliency.
- Students brainstorm examples of materials that
- Cannot stretch or squish
- Can stretch or squish, but don’t bounce back
- Can stretch or squire, and do bounce back
- After learning about how muscle becomes stronger under stress, students will brainstorm people who have grown because of difficult situations.
- Finally, students will build a tournament with eight resilient competitors and work their way through to determine the champ!