Holiday vs Holiday (from a Mascot’s Perspective)
Students will analyze and judge a holiday from the perspective of another holiday's mascot.
- What would a snowman think about Halloween?
- What would a ghost think about Thanksgiving?
- What would cranberry sauce think about Christmas?
- Students choose their two holidays and the mascot they'll be using.
- Students brainstorm facts about both holidays using three categories that they choose (food, songs, decorations, clothing, etc).
- Using their mascot's perspective, students write about each of those categories.
- Students take that writing and turn it into a final product of your (or their) choosing.