Analyzing Movies’ Success
Students will analyze data about a movie series, create graphs, note trends, and make a recommendation: should we make another movie in this series?
⚠️ This video is being updated to reflect changes to BoxOfficeMojo.com
- Students select a series of 5-10 movies and look up their box office returns as well as critical ratings.
- Next, they adjust each movie's box office returns for inflation so that we can fairly compare the films.
- Now, students will create a scatter plot to look for a relationship between the movies' financial and critical success.
- Students will note trends and outliers and then make a prediction about how well another movie in the series would do.
- Next, students will make graphs showing the critical ratings and box office returns of the series over time.
- Finally, they will make a recommendation: should we make another movie in this series?