Fractions: Decompose and Recompose
Students will decompose a fraction and then recompose the pieces until they're back to the starting point.
I wrote this app to make it easy for you (or your students!) to check if two sets of fractions are equivalent.
- Students decompose 1/8 into three fractions.
- They'll recompose five fractions into two fractions and then recompose those back to our original fraction.
- Students can then pick their own starting point and create their own path as they decompose and then recompose back to that first fraction.
- Students can use the fraction equivalence app to check their sets of fractions.
- Decompose Worksheet - Version A (PDF) The most structured version.
- Decompose Worksheet - Version A (Google Slides)
- Decompose Worksheet - Version B (PDF) A little less structure.
- Decompose Worksheet - Version B (Google Slides)
- Decompose Worksheet - Version C (PDF) Even less structure!
- Decompose Worksheet - Version C (Google Slides)
- Proof Paper (PDF) For showing work.
- Proof Paper (Google Slides)