Create Your Own Operation
Students will work with mathematical language and apply their understanding of the associative and commutative properties to their own mathematical operation.
- Students consider mathematical language for the inputs and outputs of two existing operations.
- Nex, they try to determine the rules of my operation, the Byrdle.
- They create their own operation, including its name, symbol, terms for inputs and outputs, and the rule that it follows.
- Does their operation follow the commutative property?
- Finally, does their operation follow the associative property?