Writing Clear Directions
Students will write (and re-write) directions to build a simple toy.
- Groups of three get ten random toy bricks. They design a simple toy using them.
- Now, they write their first draft of directions to build the toy. They define terminology as needed.
- Next, they practice within their group and with another group of students in the class. They revise their directions to clear up confusion.
- Now, they practice with groups of younger students, take notes, and then revise again.
- Finally, they publish a final version of their directions.