Who can guess the other person's codeword first? This game practices inducting thinking and encourages the development of a strategy.
Students will guess each other's secret codewords through careful guessing.
Related to Bulls and Cows, but this version uses words rather than numbers.
- Students each pick a code word (must be from the dictionary and no proper nouns). Five-letters is the default, but you could use four for an easier version.
- Then, student A guesses a five-letter word.
- Student B says how many letters were correct (regardless of their position or order).
- Then Student B guesses and learns how many letters they got right.
- They go back and forth, using new information to get them closer and closer to the right word.
- The first person to guess the other's code word wins.
This game practices inducting thinking and encourages the development of a strategy.